Monday, March 19, 2012

the rottweiler's: first practice

Our first practice went really, really well!!  Heath was the cutest coach ... EVER!!!  The kids loved him and so did the parents.  I'm not surprised, he's just one of those people, that you can't help but love and respect.

The team decided on The Rottweiler's and Sarge is our mascot.  Logan ended up doing pretty well at 2nd base, so Heath may just keep him there.  It would be nice, if he did, because otherwise, he gets bored.  He hated playing out field AND he doesn't have the best arm, so keeping him busy at 2nd base is probably a smart idea.  Kinda wish he took after me and played catcher.  It was my fave position and the one I was best at.  Sure brings back memories of playing ball with my Dad.

Logan did well ... I DID catch him swatting bugs while playing 2nd base. Heath was like, "really??"  Ha ha.  Totally my kid!  The picture's a little blurry, but I was trying to hurry and snap the picture!

We have some great kids and parents on our team.  We were all surprised at how well the kids did, considering 80% of them have never played baseball before.  There are some dad's on the team who are great assistant coaches and they all really work well together and bring such different perspectives to the team.  I think we're going to have a GREAT year!!  Our first game is March 31.

**FUNNY STORY**
Logan was standing right on the actual base so Heath asked him to move over.  He picked up the base and started walking.  Oh my heck ... me and Heath were dying!  It was so cute and someday will make for a funny story to tell him ... but probably not any time soon. :)




Team huddle with Coach Felix and Coach Mike, too


Getting to know you games

Voting on team name

Awe ... soooo cute!!!!!  (this is Logan)


Seriously, how studly is this man??!!

swatting nats!

No comments: